Sunday 21 March 2010

ROSES AWARDS 2010


The nominations are out for the Roses Awards. Only one for me this year, bit disappointed, thought the Christmas website me and James did might have got a look in, but hey ho etc.

There's a few stand out pieces, but I think best of all is the Tevez poster from Manchester City Council. There's better ideas in a creative sense but the impact and publicity this poster got really makes it stand out against all others. It's got, what I'd like to call, 'The Trott Factor'. i.e people will have talked about it down the pub and it became common knowledge - it went beyond a poster - seem to remember people phoning in to Talksport about it.

It wasn't done for the awards, it was done for maximum impact in the public domain. But most of all, doing a something like this makes it easy to describe what us creatives do for a living.

Instead of:

"so what do you do for a living?"

"When you see an ad, we come up with an idea then I do the pictures and my copywriter does the words"

"So you're artist"

"No, what I mean is..."

You can say:

"so what do you do for a living?"

"you know that Tevez poster?"

"yep"

"that"

No comments:

Post a Comment